Frequently Asked Questions

You will find answers to all of your most common Electrical Services related questions located here.

Where can a certificate of compliance be obtained?

A certificate can be obtained from an ACCREDITED PERSON, who has been registered by the Chief Inspector of the Department of Manpower in terms of the regulations.

What does it mean when my fluorescent lights are flickering or cycling on and off?

Flickering may indicate impending bulb failure, minor power fluctuation, and/or improperly installed bulbs. Cycling on and off is usually a clear indication of ballast and/or bulb failure. It is recommended when replacing ballast to replace bulbs as well.

Can I change an existing switch to a dimmer switch?

Yes. We will match the specific dimmer to the lights in your home. There are different bulbs required for specific dimmers. Such bulbs include incandescent, CFLs and LEDs.

What could be causing my breaker to keep tripping when I use my toaster oven in the kitchen?

It may seem unlikely that a small appliance like a toaster oven could trip a breaker, but it’s not all that uncommon with overloads. Your toaster is plugged into an outlet that is supported by the circuit that leads to the breaker. Using just one extra device can overload the circuit enough to trip the breaker.

You’ll need a certified electrician to test the circuit for damage, or you may need a panel upgrade. Give us a call and we’ll troubleshoot the issue for you.

How much does it cost to change my distribution board?

Toptronic Energy Electrical provides you with a quote to complete the work at no charge. We must look at each panel location to provide this quote as there are many variables that must be taken into account. Things like panel location, electrical system flexibility, feeder cable length, and, most importantly, the decision to repair or completely replace the panel are important pieces of information we must find out before we begin a job. To provide an accurate quote without this information is impossible.

Can septic lines be installed under power lines?


Can permanent service be installed if the house has had a ruff in inspection?

No, We will not set a meter without a final inspection or in some instances a non occupancy permit shall be allowed from the local electrical inspector.